Empower Wisconsin | Oct. 10, 2022
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers’ Parole Commission has freed hundreds of murderers, rapists and child molesters over the past three and a half years. Now the Democrat wants you to believe he’s listening to victims.
“I believe if we make sure that victims are heard, that is probably the most important thing that we can do,” Evers told the Wisconsin State Journal Editorial Board last week. “I think we’ve got the right system, we just need it to work appropriately.”
Evers has appointed far left leaders to the Parole Commission who have pushed his progressive goals of halving the state’s prisons. He has been rightly criticized for the Department of Corrections’ failure to inform victims that violent offenders have been released into their communities. Now, a month before the election, the governor says victims need “a voice at the table.”
This is the same governor, you’ll recall, who was just too busy to meet with Milwaukee crime victims. Lord knows there are a lot of them thanks to his liberal appointees and pals in Milwaukee’s revolving door criminal justice system.
In March, as violence continued to spike in one of America’s most dangerous cities, WKOW’s A.J. Bayatpour asked the governor when he last had an “in-person conversation with” the family of a murder victim in homicide-plagued Milwaukee.
Evers said he had spoken with several people whose family members were hurt or killed in November’s Waukesha Christmas parade massacre.
“I may have before that, but I’ve got a busy schedule,” the Democrat said.
Busy making victims around the state.
Evers’ has tallied a long list of victims over his term. Here’s a look:
- Kenosha — Its Uptown and Downtown ravaged in riots he failed to check.
- The Unemployed — Tens of thousands waiting for checks from Evers’ dysfunctional Department of Workforce Development
- Licensed Professionals — The untold numbers of healthcare workers, social workers, tradespeople and others who have waited months for their licenses from Evers’ incompetent Department of Safety and Professional Services.
- Wisconsin’s Public School Students — The thousands of children who have fallen behind thanks to the lockdowns and failed remote learning models that Evers endorsed, directly or tacitly.
- Small Business Owners — The thousands pushed to the brink of bankruptcy or out of business because of Evers’ COVID politics
- Law Enforcement Officers — The entire profession, really, that the governor has vilified in placating his radical left base
- Taxpayers — Average Wisconsinites trying to get ahead, watching their wages and savings devoured by big-spending liberals like Tony Evers.
We could go on …