Poll: Dems keeping control would further hurt U.S. economy

By M.D. Kittle

MADISON — If Democrats win in next month’s midterms, the economy will lose. That’s the belief of 60 percent of respondents in a new poll by Convention of States Action.

The survey of more than 1,000 likely voters, conducted October 8-11 by the Trafalgar Group, shows 58.9 percent of respondents said the U.S. economy will suffer if Democrats retain control of Congress. The remaining 41.1 percent believe the economy would improve.

Not surprisingly, 95.6 percent of Republicans said continued Democrat control of congress would be a disaster. But even a growing number of Democrats — 12.4 percent of those surveyed — said Dems retaining control would hurt the economy. Most telling, nearly two-thirds of Independents (66.5%) believe Democrats maintaining power would hurt the economy.

“The data is clear – the American people are keenly aware that progressive policies spell disaster for the economy,” said Mark Meckler, President of the Convention of States.

Inflation, by far, remains the biggest concern for voters with just two weeks to go before Election Day. September’s Consumer Price Index came in at 8.2% in year-over-year comparisons, the last official inflation marker before the election. But Americans don’t need a chart to know they have been paying prices for goods and services not seen in decades, or that their earnings and savings have been devoured by the high cost of living.

In an interview with MSNBC over the weekend, the nearly 80-year-old president, whose cognition is in question, waved off polling showing growing frustration with Dem leadership.

National Review’s Caroline Downey reported:

Biden suggested people shouldn’t put too much confidence in surveys given the fact that they technically represent the feelings of a sample size rather than the sentiments of American population holistically. He also claimed that his administration’s policy breakthroughs, such as the federal infrastructure package, are intended to boost the economy, but their effects have been slightly delayed

“Number two, a lot of what we have done and we have passed has not kicked in yet,” Biden said. “For example, you know, we have all this money to rebuild the highways, bridges, internet, etc., but it’s gonna take time. It’s not going to happen overnight.”

Americans prefer Republicans over Democrats (36% to 21%) to lead the fight against inflation, according to a recent ABC News/Ipsos poll. When it comes to the economy, 36 percent of voters choose Republicans to do a better job, compared to the 24% who trust Democrats. Still, 31% don’t have faith in either party.

“The voters are seeing the consequences in real time, with reckless White House spending bills such as the poorly named ‘Inflation Reduction Act’ as well as the Biden administration’s hostile policies against American energy rearing their ugly heads,” Meckler said. If this continues, how much worse could it get?”

Empower Wisconsin | Oct. 25, 2022

Listen to more:


Explore More

  • Biden’s bad deal with Vlad

    Empower Wisconsin | Dec. 9, 2022 By Jim Geraghty, National Review. Today you’re going to hear a lot of people…

  • All Woke Up: Kind of a drag

    Empower Wisconsin | Dec. 9, 2022 Let’s just say American morality is experiencing some growing pains.  In woke library land,…

  • The real-world costs of Biden’s radical climate policies

    Empower Wisconsin | Dec. 9, 2022 By M.D. Kittle  MADISON — U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson and his Republican colleagues sent…

  • Evers 2.0: Will liberal governor go farther left?

    Empower Wisconsin | Dec. 8, 2022 By M.D. Kittle MADISON — Fresh off his re-election win, look for Gov. Tony…

  • Spotlight: Evers’ TikTok shop

    Wisconsin Spotlight | Dec. 8, 2022 By Heather Smith, MacIver Institute  MADISON — This week, members of Wisconsin’s congressional delegation…

  • Born says JFC will check Evers’ spending, drive tax relief

    Empower Wisconsin | Dec. 7, 2022 By M.D. Kittle MADISON — State Rep. Mark Born, co-chair of the Legislature’s Joint…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *