As congressional leaders call for a broader investigation, a new poll finds a majority of Americans believe COVID-19 originated from a lab in China.
The poll, conducted by he Trafalgar Group for Convention of States, finds:
- 54% of all Americans say COVID-19 originated in Wuhan lab, 29% are still not sure, only 17% say naturally occurring
- 37% of Democrats, 55% of Independents, and 74% of Republicans say COVID-19 originated in Wuhan lab
- 28% of Democrats, 13% of Independents, and 5% of Republicans believe COVID-19 is naturally occurring
Results were from surveys conducted June 3-7 of 1,000 or more likely 2022 election voters.
“Despite more than a year of relentless disinformation from Dr. Anthony Fauci, government officials, the mainstream media, and Big Tech censorship designed to silence dissent, the American people are not fooled. Voters know the Chinese Communist Party created COVID-19,” said Mark Meckler, President of Convention of States Action. “Our current leadership in Washington is in conflict with the American people, who will demand that corrupt federal officials—and virus-creators in China—are held accountable for unleashing a biological disaster on the entire world.”
The poll also finds:
- 1% of American voters say COVID-19 is a human engineered virus that was intentionally released from the Wuhan Lab in China.
- 4% of American voters say COVID-19 is a human engineered virus that accidentally escaped from the Wuhan Lab in China.
- 2% of American voters say COVID-19 is a naturally occurring disease transmitted to humans at a Wuhan wet market in China (the consensus theory by many in the scientific community)
- 3% of Americans are unsure and expressed no opinion