Wisconsin Spotlight | Oct. 31, 2022
On May 15, 2014, Lauri Badura got the call parents dread. Her 19-year-old son Archie was dead.
Archie was the victim of an accidental fentanyl overdose. He was, at the time, 77 days into recovery. He was one of six drug-overdose fatalities in his Wisconsin county that weekend alone.
Badura had no idea what fentanyl was then. She has spent the past eight years spreading the word about the deadly synthetic opioid through the nonprofit Saving Others for Archie (SOFA) so parents everywhere can be saved from getting such a call.